Exciting, important announcement! The Pender’s Music Company summer choral event, Sing-a-bration, is MOVING! That’s right. Our weekend of workshops that has been held in Grapevine for the last several years is getting a new home, and we’re all pretty excited about it around here, so we wanted to get the word out early to all of you.
We’re moving to Lewisville, TX to the Lewisville Convention Center, aka The Hilton Garden Inn. The dates for 2011 are from Thursday, July 14th through Saturday, July 16th. All workshops, each day (and the Pender’s on-site store), will be held in the convention center meeting space, which is attached to the Hilton Garden Inn. This facility is conveniently located at Exit 447B of Interstate I-35, near the intersection of I-35 and State Highway 121.
We have many reasons to be excited about moving to Lewisville and the Hilton Garden Inn:
- There is more than enough meeting space for all of our workshops (and the Pender’s store). We’ll all be under ONE roof, for the duration of the event.
- The Hilton Garden Inn is only three years old. It’s a beautiful hotel, is carpeted throughout, etc. The convention space is attached to the hotel, and can be accessed through an inside corridor near the main lobby, or through its separate main entrance that is adjacent to a huge parking area (free). There will be plenty of room for everyone.
- In addition to the Hilton Garden Inn, there are several great hotels in the area, and we’ve set aside room blocks at three others, with very reasonable room rates, beginning at $79 per night.
- The larger meeting space(s) allow us more flexibility in scheduling, and what we’re able to offer each of you. We’ve listened to your feedback, and we have some wonderful plans in store (more on that in a bit).
- All food and beverage will be catered through the Hilton Garden Inn, which means that the hotel’s catering/convention staff will be there for us, the entire time.
- We will have a completely separate area set up for lunch, at round tables – and if the weather is good, we may even dine out alfresco, on the Tuscany Garden Patio, with its covered pavilion and fountain.
- Free wireless internet throughout the meeting space.
- The Lewisville Convention Center is just minutes from Vista Ridge Mall, many other shopping areas, dozens of restaurants, etc. With Lewisville Lake, golf courses and more, there’s something in the area for everyone.
The NEW Schedule
The first day remains our traditional Sing-a-bration day – Multi-Publisher workshops, in two tracks – Elementary and Secondary — with Andy Beck (Alfred Publishing Co.), Mary Lynn Lightfoot (Heritage Music Press), and Greg Gilpin (Shawnee Press).
For Day Two, we have something NEW! Yes, it’s still Hal Leonard’s popular Joy of Singing (not to worry), but for the first time ever, this day will ALSO be in two tracks – Choose Elementary or Middle School/High School. The Elementary track WILL include Classroom Reading with Cristi Cary Miller. The other featured clinicians from Hal Leonard, for both tracks, are Roger Emerson, Mac Huff and John Jacobson. We also welcome Denise Eaton for the first time, to round out the Middle School/High School slate of presenters.
On Day Three, there will be two different workshops, running concurrently – the ever-popular John Jacobson Choreography and Reading session, as well as a full day of Joy of Worship, our church session. Half of the church session will be presented by Hal Leonard and their affiliated publishers (Brookfield Press, Daybreak Music, Integrity, Fred Bock, and more); the other half will be our Multi-Publisher offerings (Alfred, Beckenhorst, Lorenz, Roger Dean, Shawnee Press, and others). Our clinicians for Joy of Worship will include Joseph Martin and Mary McDonald.
Here is the information regarding the blocks of rooms that we have set aside for Singabration. Please use the appropriate Group Codes, etc, in order to receive the correct rate.
Hilton Garden Inn (Lewisville Conv Ctr)
785 SH 121
$129 Group Code PENDER